June 10, 2013

So you think you know your toothbrush?

Few years ago, I used to think that when getting a toothbrush, I should get one with hard bristle because I thought that hard bristle could help to "scrub" my teeth. But after that I changed to soft bristle because my gums are always bleeding.

So last weekend, Systema organized a Blogger Brushing Day at EcoGreen Organic Restaurant, TTDI, where we were given a chance to put their toothbrush on a test ourselves.


First, we were asked to have our brunch first. There's cakes, pastries, curry puff, salad, fried mee hoon, fried rice, sesame chicken and fish cakes.

Bloggers queuing up for the food.


I just ate a bit coz I can't really eat much for my first meal of the day.


There are some random facts on a display card placed on each table.


Then, we were given a pack of two toothbrush each, together with a small tube of toothpaste. For what? Of course to brush our teeth! We were guided to a nearby toilet to do so.


One is Curvy, and another one is Slim.


First time going to an event, makan first then brush teeth right after it. Haha. Can't stop but laugh when I saw the bloggers all taking pictures while brushing their teeth. Nope, I didn't. I shy laaaa.

After trying out both toothbrushes, we went back to the restaurant. Personally I prefer the Slim one because it really helps to remove the leftovers stuck at the back of my teeth. I admit I don't have perfect teeth like most. The Curvy one feels kinda hard.

The lovely Senior Manager explaining to us why is it important to choose a suitable toothbrush.


Yup, I totally understand this.


We were told that toothbrush with hard bristle actually will damage the enamel. And now I know why my gums bleed :( The most important part in the whole toothbrush is the bristles. There's two type, one is round tip, and another one is super slim tip. Which is better?


The ones with flat tip would not be able to reach the gum lines, while the super slim tip can reach easier.


Random fact: Almost 1 out of 3 people suffer from sensitive teeth, most of them in the age group of 25 - 45 years old. Sadly, I'm one of them.

So what is so unique about Systema Sensitive 0.02mm Super Slim Bristle?

It penetrates deeper along gum-lines and in-between teeth, which are the hardest to reach areas, thus 9x cleaner. Compare to ordinary hard bristles, Systema Sensitive 0.02mm Super Slim Bristle actually give less pressure to the teeth and gums, leading to more comfortably clean.

There are five types of toothbrushes for different individuals.

The one on the left is Sensitive, while the right one is Bi Level.


Specially designed to control the pressure and relief the stress for sensitive teeth sufferers. For a soothing and comfortable clean.


2 level bristle helps to clean the surface of the teeth, in between teeth and along the gum-lines superbly.


Then we have the normal ones with different length of head. From top to bottom: Compact, Comfort, Full head.


Compact is specially designed with small or compact head size to reach and clean every part of your exposed teeth easily.

Comfort is a regular head size toothbrush for a more comfortable clean.

Full head is a larger head size toothbrush for wider reach.

Ever wonder how the people in the olden days brushes their teeth?


And these are what people use in the modern days. So many. =__= Come to think about it, everyday I brush, then floss, then use mouthwash. So much work. Ish.


Wee~~ we were given a full set of toothbrushes each! At least one year no need to buy toothbrush d XD


Aww~ you want a Systema toothbrush too don't cha? No worries! Systema is currently sponsoring KEEP SMILING and you have a chance to get yourself a free Systema toothbrush too!

How? Just go to here and answer a few simple questions, then you't get a free Systema toothbrush. That's it! Simple as that. 

So are you using the correct toothbrush now?