January 17, 2013

17012013 - The Last Stand

The last stand, directed by Kim Jee-Woon (whom also directed The good, the bad, the weird) is gonna start showing in cinema starting today.


Yesterday I got to watch it earlier than many other people thanks to Churp Churp!


And I won a T-Shirt too!


It's an action + comedy film., lead by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yea, we all know he's old, but he still got the moves! Initially thought it would be a full action-based film, but found out there are some comedy element in it.

Just in case up till now you have no idea which film I'm talking about, here's the trailer for the film.


Expect a lot of explosions and blood, and more explosions and gunfire fights for this film. Not forgetting there's quite a lot of swearing in it too. It's bloody alright, but not SAW-ewwie kinda bloody. You can see blood splattering all over but not too much. Some how it just gave me the feeling that it's just the right amount of bloody scenes.

Love the shots showing how powerful the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is. "Faster than any chopper" as what one of the FBI officer said in the film. This is one beauty which I've fallen in love with throughout the film.



There are some parts of the movie where I'll be muttering in my heart: "You're a sniper!! Y U NO SNIPE!". I only noticed during the credits that it's directed by a Korean director tho, and it's actually pretty good.

At the end of the day, he is a very responsible sheriff that protects his town from ANYTHING or in this case, ANYONE.

Recommended if you're not looking for some hard core action-based film.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this the other night in an advanced screening. Cheesy fun is definitely how I will describe it. But one thing REALLY annoyed me. The whole Chevy product placement in this movie was just WAY over the top… I mean, I understand product placement, I really do, but whent hey start talking about the car, giving stats on it, showing digital 360 views of the car like you’re on their website reading about it, it’s a little annoying…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows they might have paid a lot of money to 'indirectly' advertise the car :)

      Delete